Monday, March 15, 2010

You're Trying to become...What?

So scanning several of my RSS feeds this morning I came across this jem: Woman aims to become worlds fattest.

I'm not one for overly disparaging others. If you've got a goal of making it to 1000lbs, that's a goal I suppose. In my eyes a horrifyingly sad goal, but a goal none the less.

What truely saddens me is that this woman has a daughter. While it's not mentioned in the article, it sounds like a young one at that.

Firstly, That kid is going to have a seriously fucked up notion of what's healthy and what healthy eating is.

The reason I wrote this post is that as I'm reading this article all I can think of is that upcoming TV show hosted by Jamie Oliver where he goes into a town in the US and tries to tackle the towns obesity problem. This woman is almost the flip side to what Jamie Oliver is trying to do.

Secondly, chances are pretty damn good she won't make it to her kids high school graduation, and that's truely sad.

No comments: