Monday, May 2, 2011

Bin Laden's dead... *shrug*

So finally after a trillion dollars, two endless wars and a whole pile of bullshit, we managed to kill Bin Laden.  Whoopee.  Quite frankly I'd forgotten about the old fuck a this point.  No big surprise he was in Pakistan.

As for disposing of his body at sea, that make sense.  A body, grave, pictures all that stuff turns the guy into a martyr.  I'm not sure that this generation of jihadists really care that much about the message of Bin Laden anymore.  I think the pictures of the Iranians shooting their students in the street when they asked for basic rights pretty much spelled the end of the idea of any other state turning into a theocracy.

You don't have to look far in the papers to see that your average Muslim has taken a hard long look at their governments and said "This is bullshit!".  The governments got the guns but they've got the numbers.  I'll place my bet on the numbers any day.

No comments: