Monday, August 31, 2015

Carnival Barkers Galore

Much like watching an old timey movie of a locomotive driving off a wooden bridge, I can't look away, which I suspect is exactly what you know who wants.

One of the podcasts I listen to recently referred to him as a "Carnival Barker".  I got thinking about that label and I think it's very apt.

Think of it this way.  He's managed to get away with saying shit that frankly would have forced other candidates to leave the race in disgrace.

All I can I think of the guy yelling "Step right up, 10 cents to go in the tent and see the bearded lady!!" Which works for a while, so then he has to ratchet up the rheoteric a bit more "Come see the naked bearded lady", which makes some of the people going into the tent feel a bit weird, but they're there for the spectacle.

Now mind you, these people are all heading into the same red tent and their circus is in a competition against the blue circus down the street.

Before long though, the pitch becomes crazier and crazier to the point that a whole bunch of people say "Seriously?!? I think we need to leave..." while oddly there's still a whole demographic who are like "Fuck yeah, I want to see the bearded lady get gang banged by a troupe of trapeze clowns!"

At which point a whole chunk of people are either going to leave the tent or he is.  I suspect the latter with him pulling a bender ala "Fine, I'll start my own circus, with [insert crazy here]!"

All of this is a long winded way of saying, I'm sure he's going to say even crazier shit, who knows how crazy he can make it before the people running the circus run him out of town.

However, those people in the blue tent can't be happier as all hell breaks loose in the red tent.

No comments: